Organization: Social Impact
Closing date: 15 Sep 2017
Evaluation Specialist: An evaluation of the development capital investment intervention of the DFID India’s private sector infrastructure portfolio, India
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
DFID seeks to conduct a £500,000, three-year evaluation of capital intervention through debt and equity within DFID India’s private sector infrastructure portfolio. In particular, research and evaluation will 1. Test the feasibility and effectiveness of debt and equity instruments in promoting pro-poor private investments in infrastructure in India’s low-income states while achieving developmental outcomes; 2. Assess the conditions (policy, regulation, and institutional capacity) for replicating these instruments in India and beyond. The purpose of the study is to learn lessons from an innovative market-led infrastructure financing mechanism in low income states and to ensure accountability in terms of optimizing development outcomes.
Social Impact is seeking an Evaluation Methods Specialist (ES) to provide effective technical oversight to the potential DFID India evaluation contract. This person will serve as core team member on a full-time basis in India with travel throughout eight low income states. The period of performance is three years, including one base year and two follow up years.
**Please note: this is a local position. Only candidates with Indian citizenship will be considered.
· Assume responsibility for overall management and functioning of all evaluation, learning support and special study activities.
· Plan and execute all aspects of evaluation, learning support activities and special study activities.
· Identify appropriate staffing levels to implement and manage various studies simultaneously.
· Provide relevant technical guidance.
· Lead consultations with implementing partners.
· Identify and execute appropriate agreed upon methodology, field work, research, reporting and deliverables.
· Accurately interpret and present findings to both researchers and non-researchers.
· Master’s degree or higher in the field of economics, social sciences, international development, or a similar relevant field required.
· At least ten years of experience in a relevant evaluation or technically-focused research role working with low-income subjects.
· A strong understanding of various quantitative and qualitative evaluation methodologies, surveys, and econometric/statistical analysis.
· Experience undertaking large evaluation/impact assessments projects using mixed methods approaches that meet recognized standards for credibility and rigor.
· Experience working on evaluations of private sector approaches.
· A thorough understanding of ethnography in the eight target states, some of which include Rajasthan, Odisha, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, and West Bengal.
· Strong analytical and report writing skills and task management.
· Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply: