Organization: Feminist Approach to Technology
Closing date: 01 Dec 2017
Employer: Feminist Approach to Technology (FAT)
Location: Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi, India, but with regular travel around India.
Terms: Full time (but flexibility around working hours necessary)
Last date to apply: 1st December 2017
Feminist Approach to Technology (FAT) is a not‐for‐profit organization that believes in empowering women by enabling them to access, use and create technology through a feminist rights‐based framework. We believe and promote an outlook that questions and critiques the existing structures of technology and seeks to incorporate women as equal partners within it. FAT believes in working together for a common goal.
FAT is an equal opportunity work place, welcoming individuals from different backgrounds, races, abilities, sexual orientation, class and age. FAT encourages diversity, shared knowledge and leadership, aspiring to create a minimum hierarchy organisation where people have the space to be innovative and develop initiative, whilst working together with the larger team.
Through our Young Women’s Leadership Program (YWLP) we aim to build leadership amongst adolescent girls and young women through the innovative use of technology. We work intensively with disadvantaged girls to develop their agency and support them to raise their voices for their rights, while also providing them access to technology, building their technical skills and helping them to connect with opportunities around them. The program has multiple elements and is a multiyear engagement for each participant.
The YWLP Program Manager is responsible for supervising and supporting the teams at your location, collaborating closely with local program supervisors, the program director, partners and the program participants. The Program Manager will be expected to assist with the shaping, monitoring, evaluation, learning and development of the program and the team, including facilitating learning, mentoring, advising, and reporting. The YWLP Program Manager will also play a role in the Core Team of FAT, a central group contributing to ideas, forming and shaping the programs and moving the organisation forward, alongside liaising with the Board Members.
Reporting to: Program Director
Responsible for: All staff in location and program.
· Manage the program cycle, from development through progression to implementation, of the YWLP program.
· Ensure all program, financial and donor required documentation, is completed and submitted correctly and efficiently, to the highest standard.
· Actively cultivate new advocacy and partnership opportunities, and successfully manage existing ones.
· Support the Program Director and Executive Director to mobilize resources, build and support fundraising opportunities.
· Manage a young, developing team, including facilitating learning and providing informal mentoring support.
· Contribute to the planning and facilitating of program content, such as workshops.
· Implement and manage the ongoing monitoring, evaluation, learning and development of the program.
· Foster ongoing effective, professional relationships with parties such as donors, stakeholders, partner organisations and external consultants.
· Recognise and enable any necessary capacity building.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required
The FAT operates a 360 degrees interview process, with representatives from all levels of the organisation involved. Any decisions regarding the hiring of a new staff member are made by the whole team collectively.
Compensation is based on experience and qualifications. Range 60,000 INR to 70,000 INR gross salary per month. Relocation expenses are not available. Joining as soon as possible.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and CV outlining your skills appropriate to the role, along with two references, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st December 2017, mentioning the position you are applying for in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.