Closing date: 17 Apr 2018
Chemonics seeks a deputy chief of party for the anticipated USAID-funded Forest-PLUS II project in India. The project aims to provide technical assistance that supports the Government of India (GoI) and other stakeholders to manage India’s forests as important components of broad-based, inclusive and sustainable economic growth that meet local needs and addresses global environmental challenges. The deputy chief of party will lead administration of the activity, under the supervision of the chief of party, and oversee the activity’s internal project management. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Lead administration of the activity, under the supervision of the chief of party;
- Oversee internal project management, including those related to budget, managing property, development of work plans, monitoring harmonization of various components of the activity;
- Lead field office operations.
- Advanced degree (Master’s level or equivalent) in forestry/ecology/biodiversity conservation/natural resources management or a related field required;
- 8 years of experience in the field required for the successful implementation of the project, such as forestry/biodiversity, conservation, natural resource management and enterprise development;
- Excellent project management and administrative skills, including those related to strategic planning, managing budgets, work planning, project monitoring, and managing multidisciplinary teams;
- Experience managing and overseeing field office administration for projects of similar scope and budget;
- Experience working in donor funded projects of similar scope and budget;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and cover letter to IndiaForestPLUSRecruit@chemonics.com detailing relevant experience. Finalists will be considered and interviewed on a rolling basis.