Organization: Tetra Tech
Closing date: 28 May 2018
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Municipal Infrastructure Finance Specialist candidates for the USAID/WASH-FIN program.
Tetra Tech ARD is implementing the USAID funded Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH-FIN) project in several countries in Asia and Africa aiming to close WASH Sector financing gaps. In India an anticipated three-year technical assistance activity is planned to increase financing for investment in expanded access to, or improved quality of, safe and reliable drinking water and adequate sanitation services in targeted states and urban local bodies. Identified specific activities are: (i) development of a guarantee facility to catalyze bank loans for WASH microfinance, (ii) support for integrated urban sanitation finance for public or private infrastructure in one Indian State, and (iii) launching a sub-national green bond for urban WASH services in India.
The Municipal Infrastructure Finance Specialist will help the India Team Leader in achieving WASH-FIN India Activity’s objectives by analyzing municipal infrastructure projects in water supply and sanitation and advising on appropriate structuring to fit risk profiles of sources of finance, including credit enhancements. S/he will also work with selected state and municipal stakeholders in support of improvements in creditworthiness, accounting and financial management systems and reporting and provide capacity development support. Under the direction of the Team Leader, and in close coordination with the Sr. Infrastructure Finance Advisor, the Specialist will support all finance specific tasks and sub-activities of the WASH-FIN India program.
* Support India Team Leader in the implementation of the WASH-FIN project in India.
* Liaise and coordinate closely with the WASH-FIN Senior Infrastructure Finance Advisor on strategies, approaches, and implementation of all finance related tasks and activities.
* Review existing credit ratings for relevant municipality/ies and propose ways in which to increase said ratings.
* Examine and evaluate accounting and financial management systems of selected municipalities or parastatal finance body and work on improving and building capacity.
* Work with selected state and urban local bodies (ULBs) in analyzing and structuring infrastructure/WASH projects in a bankable/or financially viable format.
* Study options for credit enhancements, public private partnership and other options for commercial/private financing of municipal infrastructure projects and propose viable options.
* In consultation with the team leader, take lead in the green bond initiative and work with selected sub-national entity for issuance of green bond (ensuring that the proposed proceeds are in compliance with existing regulations on green bonds).
* Develop knowledge products for WASH-FIN India transaction work, participate and disseminate knowledge to stakeholders.
* Support oversight of finance tasks undertaken by consultants and sub-contracts
* Carry out other specific duties and tasks as may be assigned within identified competencies.
* Technically competent, independent and collaborative and excellent in financial analysis, communication and written technical reports.
* Excellent Technical Assistance management and working relationship skills with municipalities, national and state government agencies and regulatory bodies, ratings agencies, and private financial institutions in India.
* Financial modeling and analysis skills for infrastructure and project finance; preference for urban infrastructure and urban water supply and sanitation.
* Training and capacity building skills.
* Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment.
* Excellent advocacy and communications skills including presenting complex financing structures to public and private sector stakeholders.
* Qualifications and skills: Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Law, Business, Economics or any other relevant degree.
* General professional experience: A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the financing and/or service delivery of urban infrastructure in India.
* At least 5 years of experience in urban infrastructure finance issues and/or municipal finance in India; preference for experience leading to transactions in urban water supply, sanitation; preference for experience with blended structures that leverage public resources, green/climate finance or PPP structures.
* Solid understanding of sub-national urban infrastructure sources of finance, schemes, instruments, and initiatives in the India context.
* Experience in capital investment planning for private or public entities developing urban infrastructure projects, and project structuring leading to transactions.
* Experience in working in a donor-funded and multi-disciplinary team environment; preference for experience with government of India and donor credit enhancements including USAID DCA partial credit guarantees.
* Excellent command of the English language is required
* This position is based in India and candidates must be authorized to work in India; no relocation or housing allowances are provided; Indian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
o be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* List of at least three professional references (Please provide email and phone numbers).
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech ARD’s ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/2KsTBcW
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted. Deadline for applications is May 28, 2018.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.