Organization: Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics
Country: India, South Africa
Closing date: 21 Dec 2018
FIND is an international non-profit organization based in Geneva, Switzerland, dedicated to R&D activities to expand and accelerate access to new diagnostic technologies, and to build global capacity for diagnostic testing for poverty-related diseases in low- and middle-income countries. FIND’s vision is a world where diagnosis guides the way to health for all people. The FIND team is devoted to driving the development, clinical trialing, and early implementation of innovative diagnostic solutions that can have a high impact on patient care and disease control in low-resource settings.
Contract Period: This is a full-time position with a 20 months contract
Location: Location in South Africa or India preferred, but location in selected project implementation countries will also be considered. This is not a FIND, Geneva based position.
FIND is working with development and implementing partners, national disease programs and industry to develop strategies that address diagnostics related barriers to patients accessing treatment and care services. In many instances, diagnostics may be available but are not currently used due to a variety of barriers including health system weaknesses, access challenges and/or insufficient relevant data to support use. Diagnostic network design that increases patient access to diagnostic services whilst also cost effectively maximizing the use of available resources will assist national programs and donors to improve the efficiency of investments and service delivery.
As the Data Analyst you will be working in a team under the supervision of the Chief Access Officer.
The Data Analyst will work with the Access team and identified partners to implement a diagnostics network optimization project aimed at increasing access to diagnostic services for TB patients and identifying the “missing” TB cases in 5 countries.
The specific activities will include but not be limited to:
· Get trained and become proficient in the software and protocols used in modeling optimized diagnostic networks. The Data Analyst will be required will be required to learn and independently utilize LLamasoft’s supply chain software and open access tool to be developed.
· Work with national disease programs and partners to define and identify relevant national data sources to support of the diagnostic network optimization project objectives.
· Collect and compile national data relevant to the diagnostic network optimization project objectives
· Review data for deficiencies or errors, correcting any incompatibilities, and checking output using various validation techniques
· Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns from the national data and share reports with relevant project stakeholders
· Together with relevant Access team members, national disease programs and partners define scenarios that may result in optimization of the diagnostic networks in identified countries.
· Become proficient in the use of supply chain management software and building and analyzing country models for diagnostic network strengthening.
· Use national data to develop models for optimization of national diagnostic networks in identified countries.
· Contribute to the development of the parameters for the open access diagnostic network optimization tool to be developed.
· Support capacity building in identified countries in the use of national data and developed tools to optimize national diagnostic networks.
· Document project activities and processes to enable achievement of project objectives and for reporting against project indicators.
· Communicate FIND’s achievements through publications and scientific presentations
· Write and support the writing of publications and scientific presentations (incl. travel for presentations)
· Regularly update supervisor (Chief Access Officer) and other Access team members on the progress and difficulties experienced
· Bachelor’s degree in biostatistics, public health with a strong data element, computer science, information management or related field
· Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in management consulting, pharmaceutical or other industries requiring a high level of quantitative /analytical skills.
· Experience working with large data sets and data management software such as Stats and Tableau.
· Ability to independently learn the use of various data management software would be an added advantage
· Previous experience analyzing national health systems data in low and middle income countries (LMICs)is an added advantage
· Advanced problem solving, analytical, and quantitative skills, including significant experience working in Excel
· Ability to work without close supervision as well as to work under pressure and meet tight timelines on a result-oriented basis.
· Willingness to expand knowledge base and take on new topics.
· Work well in teams of multi-cultural backgrounds; effective communication.
· Superior problem solving skills.
· Represent the FIND strategy and goal of being an honest, transparent broker in the global health field.
· Interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Team oriented.
· Fluent in written and spoken English.
· Available for at least 30% travel.
How to apply:
Please send a motivation letter, a detailed CV and three references to HR-IN@finddx.org
Application deadline: 21st December 2018
(But don’t wait until the deadline! We will start screening right away and if we find the right person, we will stop searching.)
Please note that only applicants meeting the profile requirements will be personally contacted. Applications sent by recruitment agencies will not be considered.