Organization: Shri Vishwakarma Foundation
Closing date: 07 Mar 2019
About Shri Vishwakarma Foundation
Shri Vishwakarma Foundation is a grassroots non-profit organization founded in 2012 in Tamil Nadu, India.
Shri Vishwakarma is a Non-Governmental-Organization with no party and religious affiliation. Its work is focused on the people, especially in the children. It aims to alleviate the poverty from the people and give education to the children. It works in coordination network, support and cooperation with the government, NGO’s, social society, and private sector in order to provide education to vulnerable children.
The projects and activities of SV Foundation fall into three main areas of focus:
SHRI VISHWAKARMA SEvA VIDYALAYA UNDER THE SHRI VISHWAKARMA FOUNDATION IS COMMITTED TO IMPART AFFORDABLE QUALITY EDUCATION TO CHILDREN OF ALL SECTIONS OF SOCIETY. THE TRUST AND THE SCHOOL DO NOT ACCEPT CAPITATION FEE, DONATIONS, AND SPONSORSHIP OF ANY KIND FROM PARENTS.
The Shri Vishwakarma Seva vidyalaya started in 2014, is affiliated to the National Institute of open Schooling, Noida and has classes from Pre KG to Std VIII. Co-Educational in character the school covers an area of approximately half an acre.
The Shri Vishwakarma Seva Vidyalaya imparts both academic and non-academic education to give an all-round development to the students. It offers the children excellent training in leadership through civic, social and moral responsibilities. It also gives excellent encouragement to develop skills and personality and specification through suitable creative work. An ethical, spiritual and cultural attitude conducive to national unity is developed. The well designed and furnished rooms, the well-equipped Labs and Library facilities, and vast playground add to the congenial atmosphere.
For more details – www.svfoundations.com
What We’re Looking for:
1) Bachelors degree required, Master’s degree preferred
1.1) Ideally in International Development, Political Science, International Relations, Business Administration, Human Rights, Marketing, Communication, or a related field.
2) Excellent writing and research skills are essential.
3) Proficiency in English required
Skills and Experience:
1) Previous experience with Fundraising or Building and growing Fundraising.
2) Experience in project development and grant-writing is essential.
3) Excellent grammar and strong research skills needed.
4) Experience in organizing and prioritizing own work.
5) Effective team player with the ability to work and think independently, and to be resourceful and proactive.
6) Demonstrated interest in international issues and non-profit work.
Strong planning skills:
1) Meticulous attention to detail; capacity to balance multiple projects.
2) Develop and track internal calendar of donor deadlines for reporting, proposals, and other engagements. Identify relevant funding opportunities, flag requests for proposals and other grant opportunities.
3) Prepare: Concept papers, donor reports, and proposals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The work you will be entrusted with is crucial to the success of SV Foundation.
1) Organise: You may be working on several projects at once under tight deadlines;
2) Research: Each proposal begins with research. To develop a proposal, you must familiarize yourself with our programs, goals and financial needs as well as current trends and best practices in the development field.
1) Work well under pressure
4) Respectful of diversity and cultural differences
6) Works well in a team
Duration & Start Date:
The successful candidate will be based in Virudhunagar, Tamil Nadu, on a full-time basis (9:30-6:30, Monday to Friday) for a period of 4 months. Longer stays are welcome, please state your preference in the cover letter.
Start date is as soon as possible. Applicants who are available to start straight away will be preferred.
· 3 000 Rupees per month
· Free Food & Accommodation
How to apply:
Applications must be sent until midnight (London time) of 7th of March to email@example.com and will be reviewed on a daily basis.