Organization: Room to Read
Closing date: 22 Sep 2019
Room to Read is a global organization transforming the lives of millions of children in low-income communities by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. Founded in 2000 on the belief that World Change Starts with Educated Children®, our innovative model focuses on deep, systemic transformation within schools during two time periods that are most critical in a child’s schooling: early primary school for literacy acquisition and secondary school for girls’ education. We work in collaboration with local communities, partner organizations, and governments to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children and ensure girls can complete secondary school with the skills necessary to negotiate key life decisions. By focusing on the quality of education provided within the communities and ensuring these outcomes are measured, we have created a model that can be replicated, localized and sustained by governments. Room to Read has benefited 16.8 million children across over 37,000 communities in Bangladesh, Cambodia, Grenada, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Vietnam, and Zambia. Learn more at www.roomtoread.org. Join our global movement and find ways to get involved at www.roomtoread.org/takeaction!
The Events & Experiential Marketing Associate is based in Mumbai, India and is responsible for supporting the Manager of Events & Experiential Marketing on Room to Read global and regional event strategies. This position will work closely with members across the Development and Communications Department (DevCom) to make events more engaging, dynamic and memorable. The Events & Experiential Marketing Associate will support the creation and centralization of event processes and materials, the research, identification and implementation of technologies for improving event efficiencies, and provide on-site support for various events across Asia and other markets as needed. In addition, this position will support working with external designers and vendors to create quality branded materials for Room to Read, such as event collateral, apparel, marketing displays and promotional products. This position will also help support special events, such as thought leadership events and milestone initiatives. The Events & Experiential Marketing Associate is part of the Marketing & Communications team, a sub-team of the larger DevCom Department. The Events & Experiential Marketing Associate reports into the Events & Experiential Marketing Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Event Resource Management (50%)
· Oversee the creation and maintenance of global event resources, ensuring documents are up to date and event folders are organized and accessible to event staff in Room to Read fundraising markets across North America, UK/Europe, India, and Asia Pacific.
· Develop and maintain global event onboarding documents and training materials for in-market event staff.
· Support the centralization, streamlining and roll out of event planning processes, including event tracking documents, event briefing templates, and event follow-up best practices.
· Work with the team and external design professionals to create compelling event collateral that adheres to brand guidelines; identify opportunities to increase efficiencies and maximize money spent on event materials.
· Build communications and business processes for other event collateral including presentations, scripts, and corporate sponsor outreach materials.
· Track event streamlining initiatives and improve processes and efficiencies across markets, internally and externally.
· Provide support on drafting communications for external and internal communications surrounding events.
Event Support and Execution (40%)
· Help identify and reinforce annual event themes that will connect Room to Read events around the world. Support on the creative process with internal stakeholders and external partners.
· Identify and support the implementation of tools and technology that can make events more efficient.
· Schedule and help facilitate cross-team meetings, compiling and sharing notes, event needs and resources.
· Work closely with regional teams to secure corporate sponsors for events.
· Help coordinate country representation for galas to ensure speaker visas, schedules, and marketing materials are executed.
· Provide guidance and assistance on communications surrounding events as needed.
· Provide significant support and coordination to the Mumbai and Singapore signature events each year, working closely with the India and APAC teams.
· Provide other on-site support and assist with event management as needed, requiring travel to markets where event support is needed (which could include several markets in Asia and Africa). Estimated 20% travel annually.
Special Events & Additional Projects (10%)
· Support the team on awareness raising events, including those that support thought leadership initiatives (e.g., panel discussions) and organizational milestones (e.g., 20th anniversary celebrations).
· Support virtual events, including webinars and Facebook Live sessions that support thought leadership and brand awareness initiatives.
· Work with PR and social media teams to promote these events.
· Support on the production of promotional materials, ranging from T-shirts to event signage. Collaborate with a network of design consultants and vendors to execute collateral and merchandise.
· Assist teams with other experiential marketing duties as needed. This may include project management and/or support for executive leadership speaking engagements, industry conferences, donor/influencer events, etc.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 3+ years working in event planning or experiential marketing
· Project management experience
· Good communicator able to articulate clear direction to a variety of different skills/personalities
· Cultural knowledge of different fundraising markets
· Attention to detail balanced with strong imagination and conceptual ability
· Creativity and passion for generating new ideas
· Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage projects/programs
· Polished verbal, written and presentation skills and keen attention to detail
· Proficiency using technology and a wide variety of software applications to include Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point) and Adobe Creative Suite experience (In Design specifically)
· Data organization and analysis experience, as related to events
To be successful as a member of the Room to Read team, you will also:
Room to Read offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is changing the world through literacy and gender equality in education.
Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to apply here or refer the career section at our website www.roomtoread.org/about-us/career.
Due to high applicant volume, we regret that we are not able to send personalized responses to all applicants.