Organization: International Potato Center
Closing date: 21 Sep 2021
International Potato Center
Ref.: N-21-52 PM/NRS/India
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a dynamic and results-oriented Project Manager (Agriculture/Horticulture/Vegetable Science/Seed Science/social sciences) to lead the “Decentralizing Potato Seed Production in India with Low-Cost Apical Rooted Cutting Technology” project, involving potato seed system, value chain development, sustainable system intensification and capacity building of local partners.
About the role:
The Project Manager should be driven by the desire to achieve impact on high quality development interventions in close coordination with Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare and the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)-Central Potato Research Institute (CPRI). The Program Manager will have overall responsibility for all aspects of project implementation and reporting. He/she will directly supervise other scientists and field technicians to be hired for the project. The position will be based in Bhubaneshwar, Odisha, India but the assignment will include frequent travel to the other project states.
• Conceptualize, plan, supervise and lead the implementation and reporting of plans and programs related to the assigned project/team.
• Contribute and lead to specific outputs of the strategic business plans.
• Develop and oversee implementation of strategies in accordance with agreed objectives of DCE/ Program or Team.
• Manage the preparation and/or development of annual work/budget plans based on research objectives and monitor the implementation.
• Develop and maintain partnerships with various stakeholders (public and private sectors), to coordinate cross functional research project outputs, timelines and delivery of new technologies/ techniques.
• Participate in organization wide activities and represent CIP at various meetings or events as workshops, conferences and trainings for capacity building of partners.
• Publish scientific papers in high-impact academic journals according to the discipline, prepare project reports and policy briefs.
• Lead the preparations of research proposals and actively help securing funds and support.
• Supervise direct staff and contribute to their performance evaluations and identify succession planning and development.
• Member of people management team to evaluate performance across the unit.
• Comply with national and international health and safety laws, regulations, and standards.
What are we looking for?
• PhD degree in Agriculture / Plant Sciences or another relevant field with strong field experience.
• At least 8 years of professional experience in the field of agriculture, coordinating multi-institutional collaborative projects.
• Experience in field work preferably on potato.
• Experience in tissue culture, nursery management and seed production would be highly preferred
• Experience in research, technical reporting, and budget monitoring.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Good record of scientific and technical publications.
• Willingness to travel frequently multi states.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
• CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background.
• CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improving nutrition and well-being, and gender equity for poor people in roots, tubers farming and food systems in the developing world.
• CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a network of 15 research centers that are mostly located in developing countries and supported by more than 50 donor members.
What are we offering?
• Great career opportunity in an international organization.
• Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
• One-year term contract with the possibility of renewal.
• Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
How to apply:
How to apply?
Visit the following link: https://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on September 21, 2021 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position WILL NOT have contact with children or vulnerable adults
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply.