Organization: Deutsche Welle
Closing date: 10 Jul 2022
Multimedia Editor (f/m/d) Tamil | Deutsche Welle (DW)
Deutsche Welle is Germany’s international public broadcaster, serving almost 200 million viewers, listeners and online users around the world with independent news and information in 30 languages.
DW is seeking a multimedia editor (f/m/d) Tamil for Programming in Chennai as of September 2022 or as soon as possible on the basis of a freelance contract limited for two years.
- Editor and VJ reporter for social media and TV/video
- Actively participate in the development of social media channels in Tamil (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram); community management of the playout channels
- Research topics, develop proposals for new topics and prepare them for social media and TV/video; monitor social media with analytical tools
- Editing (subtitling, insertion, etc.) and approval of storyboards, video and TV contributions
- Adapt English and/or Hindi language content into Tamil
- Video approval of contributions for social media and TV/video
- Dubbing in Tamil
- Get on board as one of the world’s leading broadcasters strengthens its coverage in South Asia
- Be part of an energetic new multi-platform, multi-lingual team in Chennai working closely with colleagues in Germany and around the world
- Get opportunities to develop your skills and apply them as you grow your career
- Completed university studies or comparable training
- Completed traineeship or equivalent journalistic training
- Several years of professional experience in a journalistic environment
- Experienced handling of common internet programs, CMS and OpenMedia as well as with relevant social media channels (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram etc.)
- Experience as a video reporter/VJ and mobile reporter
- Experience in the creation of (web) videos
- On-camera experience
- Good networking skills and contacts in the Tamil language community
- Very good knowledge of broadcasting and media markets
- Excellent general education and modern world view
- Highly flexible, willing to work shifts
- Ability to work in a team, take initiative and excellent organizational skills
- Clearly spoken and articulate in standard Tamil
- Very good oral and written Tamil and English language skills, good Hindi skills an advantage
As employees of Deutsche Welle, we identify with the values laid down in the Deutsche Welle Act. We are especially opposed to every form of discrimination, racism and antisemitism.
How to apply
Have we aroused your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 10 of July 2022. Please submit your application (in English) – composed of your cover letter, CV including links to published work samples, confirmation of university degree, as well as at least two references on demand, merged into one PDF file – via the DW online application portal at https://recruitingapp-5401.de.umantis.com/Vacancies/1460/Description/2.